Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The acceleration


It took a while for me to realize that what I was eating really did matter, no matter how much I worked out. In July Meg and I went to the local rodeo and had a blast. When we came out to our car after the rodeo was over there was a flyer stuck under the windshield wiper. It was advertising a weight loss challenge that some people were putting on. Meg was determined that "we" were going to do it. After a little persuasion I decided that it would be a good idea. It is a twelve week class and the winner walks away with cash! Get paid to lose weight, can't beat that. We were nine or so weeks into the program and Meg decided that she and the kids were going to Arizona to visit granny for a month. She was sad to not finish the challenge but there is still a chance that she could get second or third using her last weigh in, were crossing our fingers. I have started eating a lot better and am seeing some good results. I have gotten a lot of good information from doing the challenge. When Meg and the kids left I really kicked it in high gear. It wasn't even about the challenge anymore, now it is about impressing my wife! Now I am down to ONE WEEK!

No comments: